Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: From $15.00 - $18.00/hour DOE
- Do you have a strong IT Support background?
- Would you like to learn laser engraving, marking, and cutting?
- Are you Ready to learn and service laser engraving equipment?
- Are you Looking to travel around Idaho and the surrounding states servicing laser equipment?
If yes, then you're in the right place!
Major Benefits to You: As a small company we VALUE Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness! We stand for Health FREEDOM and do not impose mask or vaccination requirement in our facility.
Highlight Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Laser Equipment Technician to join our team. Previous graphic design and/or CorelDraw Graphic Suite experience a plus, but not necessary--training is provided. Must have a strong IT background (support/troubleshooting, networking, etc.). The Laser Technician would be working in various areas of the business, so days are rarely the same.
Job Overview of Main Duties:
- Operating laser systems for engraving, marking, and cutting laser services including programming, setup, etc.
- Designing part fixtures for laser services
- Providing remote and onsite customer support and technical assistance to laser customers
- Traveling around Idaho and the surrounding states to customer’s facilities to service laser equipment and offer training
- Rebuild trade-in laser equipment
- Managing parts inventory, etc.
If you are interested in technology, working with lasers, value your health freedom, and would like to travel around ID, UT, MT, OR, WY, CO, etc. this could be a great fit!
Company OverviewHighlight Technologies, Inc. offers a variety of laser engraving, marking, and cutting services in our Nampa, ID facility. We also sell and service laser systems throughout Idaho and the surrounding states as well as offer replacement laser parts, materials, and marking compound to our laser customers around the country. Highlight Technologies, Inc. has subsidiaries as well with laser product design tools sold worldwide. We have nearly 40-years’ experience in the laser material processing industry. Industries served: Aerospace, Electronics Industry, Firearms, Machine Shops, Medical, Munitions, Small Craft Corporations, US Government, plus many more.
High School Graduate or GED and above preferred; however, a college degree is not required for this role.
Previous customer service experience preferred. Previous laser operating and CorelDraw
Graphic Suite experience a plus, but not required.
• Must be able to handle packages/products 70+ pounds.
• Must be able to stand/sit for multiple hours at a time.
• Must have good vision and depth perception.
• Self-starter—willing to do what needs to be done without management telling you.
• Ambitious—driven to succeed and pick up the balls that may get dropped (things that need completed).
• Approachable/Cooperative—works well with others.
• Articulate—speaks clearly and succinctly to team members and customers.
• Attentive—staying alert and observant to prevent error/injury while working.
• Calm/Patient—remaining levelheaded in a crisis or dealing with volatile customers.
• Cheerful/Friendly—offering a positive and pleasant interaction with customers and team members.
• Common Sense—reason through problems for an efficient solution.
• Courteous—respectful towards team members and customers.
• Determined—self-motivated to follow-through on assignments.
• Dependable/Accountable/Responsible—able to be relied on and trustworthy by doing the right thing without supervision.
• Diligent—do your best with your task assignments.
• Efficient—committed to completing tasks timely and always looking to improve processes.
• Honest—value integrity and will tell management if an error occurred and will not hide operator/machine issues.
• Organized—keeping a tidy work area and placing tools in their place.
• Meticulous—paying attention to the small details.
• Punctual—coming to work on time and prepared to work.
• Resourceful—capable of solving problems promptly.
Full-Time commitment, 40+ hours per week. Please be aware training can take a number of months; therefore, preference would be to applicants willing to stay with the company for a minimum of 1-2 years.
Highlight Technologies, Inc. Employment Details
• All team members must be legally able to work in the U.S.
• All team members must review and sign company handbook (policies, practices, and procedures).
• All team members must sign Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete forms.
• All team members receive a 30-minute lunch period daily for a full 8-hours of work.
• All new team members are hired on a 90-day trial period to confirm appropriate fit for both parties.
Applicants need to complete our job application and provide a Resume to apply to open positions. An Interview would be scheduled upon company review of applicant documents.